BM223 - Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Human Resource Management
In managing today’s human resource problems, organizations must rely on professional human resource staff. The management of people is interesting and challenging. Human resource managers are expected not only to formulate but implement policies. At Universiti Teknologi MARA, students may take programmes toward a Bachelor of Business Administration with honours specializing in Human Resource Management. The degree programme is designed to produce graduates equipped with the necessary broad–based and specialized knowledge and skills in Human Resource Management to become human resource professionals in an international environment.
Three years (full time)
Admission of students is twice a year. Applications may be made:
- Through the Unit Pusat Universiti (UPU) – June
- Direct to Universiti Teknologi MARA – November
Minimum qualification for STPM candidates:
- Passed SPM or its equivalent with credits in English and Mathematics, as well as a pass in Bahasa Melayu/Malaysia.
- STPM, passed in General Paper and a pass in two (2) other subjects with a CGPA of 2.67 including Accountancy/Economics/Business.
- Have taken the MUET.
- UiTM diploma holders or diploma holders from other institutions recognized as equivalent by the government, with minimum CGPA of 2.60, may be considered for entry into the programme. Candidates with a lower CGPA must have at least two (2) years of related working experience before their applications would be considered.
- Have taken MUET.
- Credits in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia.
Among the courses offered are Strategic Management, Human Resource Development, Performance Management, Compensation Management, Industrial Relations, Employment Law and Current Issues in HRM. Since this programme emphasizes skills in Human Resource Management, the students are also trained in Computer Applications, Public Speaking and Interviewing and they are required to undergo practicum in related organizations.
Participant Development Programme (PDP)
The programme requires students to attend a Participant Development Programme (PDP) in semester three. It is a programme whereby students can develop their personal growth, supportive learning behavior and interpersonal skills.
HASTA LA VISTA
Students are also required to attend a programme known as ‘Hasta La Vista’ which means “till we meet again” (in Spanish). This is a closing event in the final semester and it is a time for students to reflect and reminisce their experiences during the past several semesters in the university.
Graduates will be able to fill job vacancies at executive level in any Human Resource Department in any organization.